Tuesday, July 15, 2014

One final birthday...

This is my sixth and final granchild's birthday card for this year-phew! Sorry, no step by step as I had to get this done before they came to stay a few days.
For Logan, who has a great imagination, a play theater! Recycling again, I made this Theater of Fun out of a tea box, turned inside out and decorated. 
 I simply glued on some fun papers with stars and banners,which I fancy cut. The paper already had stars- but not enough WOW! So out came the Stickles! 
      Those of you who know me, know how I love my Stickles!! 

 The letters came from a collage sheet by Nancy Baumiller ~ Crowabout StudioB
 I made these little figures from Les- Petites Whimsies stamps by Sandra Evertson . These were stamped onto heavy cardstock and the reglued onto a hardboard. ( I also attatched hardboards pieces to the backs to make the figures stand ) 
I added various scrap heads-and some bodies~all animals as you can see. And yes, there are a few that are roosters- Logan is our rooster's name- after our grandson! 
Silly, I know-but Logan(grandson)is just as proud as Logan(the rooster) is!

The little faces in the windows all have mustaches-why? I'm not quite sure what it is all about, but the kids are all into it! Logan says- "because we like it!"
   Behind these doors is a glassine envelope which holds Logan's treasure. There is a space between the wall and box that the cash slides into real easy! Logan loved the "secret hiding place"
And then we we have a few of the characters with I am "Happy" by Pharrell Williams- Logan's favorite song!                                    
(Secretly,I think he just like to sing it to annoy his older sister- as she claims to absolutely dislike that song!)teeheehee




On the other side behind the doors, Gramma and Poppa's birthday message to Logan!




Thanks for stopping in..I thought i would leave you with some colors from my summer garden- maybe some inspiration for your art!











Jackie ")

10 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

What a brilliant card this is.. oh wow!
And your garden impressions are just adorable...love this !
xxx
Susi

Unknown said...

Jackie you rocked that tea box, what a fantastic "card", I know that I would have loved to get such a birthday card as a girl ;-) and your garden looks beautiful, even my son said that your flowers look special xoxo

Karenliz Henderson said...

WOW That is so cool. I love it. I would have never thought of it. What a great birthday surprise!

Bev said...

What a wonderful gift I'm sure Logan will have many hours of pleasure with this ,he will be able to let his imagination soar....and I'm sure going to pick a few of those pics for my artwork thanks Jackie...

Sarah (wonderstrumpet) said...

Jackie! That is ADORABLE!!!

johanna said...

this card is incredible!! so much love put into the making...
love your flowers, too. beautiful photos.

Julie Lee said...

This is one gorgeous little theatre! I love how you used the Petite Whimsies! I have those too! I love Sandra's stamps and I so wish they were easier to get in the UK! I adored looking at every detail of this fabulous little project! How special Logan must have felt to receive it! Those mustaches look great - a bit like a Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts' Club Band look! I'm sure this will be treasured always! Your flowers are stunning. Thank you for sharing them!! Julie Ann xxx

Anonymous said...

What an inventive and over the top wonderful card. You rock Grandma......nice garden too. xox

Darlene K Campbell said...

WOW, Traci Bautista would love your photos of flower power. She does this to find color combos and design etc for her art. Those photos were gorgeous!!
The card...well more like a toy theater is amazing. Infact, if you make me one for Violet I'd pay you to do it. Not her birthday or anything I just see how she'd go gaga over this. It is so cool I can't even come up with a valid comment to express how much I like it. Yeah, and probably not something you want to make twice! Love those Whimsies!

Annette said...

How fun is the card but the garden? Oh It is to die for makes me sad that ours here doesn't look like ours in Seminole did. They all have the Jackie touch I do believe. thanks for sharing my dear. xoxoxox