Sunday, October 5, 2014

a very Fishy tale....

      Hello again! 
  This post is a follow up to a post I did about a couple months back, relating to my self and my art...
 In the post I spoke of one of my earliest pieces that I had created; way back in 2nd grade with my Dad. 
Many of you asked to see the plaque, believing it was a very fishy story! ")
and well here it is!



 Looks like he has fared well all of these years!  I  only wish I had signed and dated it- this hung in my bedroom for the longest time                                        (till I was 18! lol) 
 My memory had it that we stapled it, but looks like I sewed it with some heavy duty string. No doubt my Dad taught me that also, as he was the one who did the hand sewing in our house- Mom used the machine ")
 
        a little cut in the string, but all in all- a fine looking fish!
I think I should add the story to the back now...in case my someday grandchildren ever want to know who made this awesome piece of art!! ")


in case you were wondering...this is what I had to dig through to find my fish....


I finally found it in a bin marked~ family memories~ no easy feat- I'll tell you!  lol
 



Thanks again for coming by and leaving your comments-  I do hope you enjoyed the fish story follow-up!

                                          Jackie ")

18 comments:

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a great story, Jackie, and you definitely need to add it to the back for your grandkids (we all know how important is providence!). Love it, and glad you found it. :D

Edzellinni aka Linda Edkins Wyatt said...

what a charming fish...survived the years pretty well!

Elly said...

Art can be so simple and this fish really makes me smile. I would hang it on the wall again (:o)

Teresa Arsenault said...

That is a pretty cool piece of art and memorabilia. TFS
Hugs,
Teresa

Unknown said...

Jackie it's a beauty fish, you reminded me that my son had the same project, don't remember which grade, they made the fish and then they needed to sew the sides, and fill it up, funny no educational curriculum is changing, oh no I mean we are so young, lol! xoxo

Darlene K Campbell said...

I love you and the idea that you have cherished childhood art. Yes, write the story on the back. Happy you were home when I called. Have a fabulous week and weekend. Cheers-Darlene

froebelsternchen said...

charming fish - hang it on your wall--what a great reminder that you were, are, and always will be an ARTIST!

Nichola said...

Darling little fishy!

Julie Lee said...

How lovely that you kept this early piece of art! I love that stitching around the edge. I think it would be a brilliant idea to write the story of his creation on the back for posterity! This fishy little guy deserves that future generations know something of how he came into being! He's a survivor! It's so lovely when kids and parents work together to create. I love your fish and all he seems to say. xxxx

Stamping With Bibiana said...

this is just a great memory! I do keep everything too LOL.
Hope all is well!
this could of fit great at my new "throwback thursday" challenge! join us for the new challenge this coming thursday oct 9th!
hugs bibiana

Unknown said...

Your fish is so cute and so awesome that you still have it.I have nothing of what I did as a child.I remember sketching Bettie and Veronica from Archie's comics and proudly displaying them in my room.Please do add the story to the back.It is a wonderful keepsake.

Bev said...

Hehe between fishes and tunnels and gourds you have been busy and love your portable storages lol

Unknown said...

Great photo essay Jackie. Glad you found your fish.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Jackie, you are so lucky to still have your fishy friend. When I went to college many of my childhood bits and pieces left home! or at least that's what my mother told me Lol!
Luckily she kept my teddy bears so at least I still have those.
Happy crafting, Angela x

Unknown said...

I love it and you have "stuff" like I have stuff lol. May have to go the bin route like you. :)

~*~Patty S said...

Your fish tale is precious and how wonderful that you still have it...definitely write on the back for posterity!
oxo

Joyce van der Lely said...

what a gorgeous story and the fish <))--< love those kind of things !
Jackie, we are also wondering if you have the traveling canvas ???? Could you get in touch with the TAP group perhaps ? xx Joyce

Annette said...

Yea the hunt is over my dear. Love the story and have fun and come back with lots of ideas oxoxxo