Thursday, October 6, 2016

Fall,Patterns,Colors of Orange,Yellow&Brown and Diecuts


Good morning friends!
Today I am sharing with you a journal page,I created,that I feel might even be suitable for framing!

 The first steps of my page included gesso,gold modeling paste through a stencil,and then stamping onto deli paper in various shades of yummy Fall colors,Orange,Yellow,Brown.

After stamping Patterns of leaves of which some were embossed...
 I also colored in with ink some beautiful Die Cut leaves which were added later.
The stamped leaves were torn off the deli paper and applied to the page with Decou-Page matte medium.
 On another sheet I again,stamped some leaves and then scanned that into my computer and added the wording from
 Van Morrison's song-Autumn Song
BTW, Van Morrison is on the top of my all time favorites!
The verse was torn out,the edges inked and it was placed atop of burlap. 
Here you can see,the diecut leaves were then arranged around the verse from the song and glued into place.

 This is how the page looks after all pieces coming together!

Linking my page up with these 3 great challenges!

Orange,Brown,Yellow,Fall
Diecuts


Patterns




 Thanks so much for your visit and I do hope I have inspired you to play art today!
Jackie ")

Products used:
Ranger~Wendy Vecchi Archival Inks
Dandelion
Orange Blossom
Red Geranium
Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste
Metallic Gold

Tsukineko~StazOn midi
Orange Zest
Claret
Memento Ink
Tangelo

Ranger~Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Vintage Photo
Mustard Seed
Fossilized Amber
Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder
Mustard Seed

Maple and Oak Leaf Stamps~Rubber Stampede

Prima~Finnabair Stencil
Cobblestone

Sizzix~Tim Holtz Thinlits
Fall Foilage

DecoArt~Decou-Page Matte Medium

25 comments:

Karenliz Henderson said...

Oh Jackie what a gorgeous page. The colors and textures are beautiful. Yes, frame it!

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic autumn piece and this would be fab for our challenge 'Indian summer' at AJJ if you would like to link! Hugs, Valerie

Tristan Robin said...

absolutely enchanting - brava!

Dorthe said...

Jackie, a very wonderful autumn piece, you truly captured the colors of autumn, and the beautiful colors,now appearing all over, here, too. lovely stencil and die cut leaves ,
and a fantastic fall picture for your wall, dear !!
Xoxoxo

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Oh, Jackie - what an absolutely gorgeous page. It fairly sings with autumnal splendour! Oh please do frame it, make prints, share it everywhere. Luscious, my extraordinary bloggy friend! :D

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous Jackie, lovely autumnal colours which would look lovely displayed. Happy crafting, Angela x

Redanne said...

This definitely would look beautiful if it was framed. I love the design and those gorgeous autumnal colours! xx

rozwillster@gmail.com said...

So gorgeous!!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

What gorgeous colors! LOVE the warmth, love the colors, love Autumn...my favorite season!

Annette said...

Hi girl, well you hit the jackpot on the fall colors. I agree fall/autumn is my favorite season. Colors and weather and everything about it. oxoxoxxo

Bev said...

Wonderful display of autumn leaves makes me think of Nat King Cole lol

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Fabulous page! so dreamy! I love the idea of stamping on deli paper!

Bibi Lindahl said...

Beautiful, Jackie! All the pretty yellow makes the other colours pop. Gorgeous, life looking leaves! Thank you for entering your lovely make to our October challenge at Rubber Dance ♥

Brenda Brown said...

This is beautiful with the golden background, and wonderful autumnal feel you have created, love it xxx

sarascloset said...

Jackie, this is indeed beautiful as the leaves I am sure you are seeing outside your window! And yes, so suitable for framing! Love that song! I thinkyou should consider adding this to anything But Cute's Autumn Day challenge. Here's the link: http://anythingbutcutechallenge.blogspot.com/2016/10/challenge-18-autumn-day.html

Big hugs to you!

SewPaperPaint said...

What a gorgeous page Jackie! Beautiful use of stamps. <3 Hugs, Autumn

denthe said...

Those embossed leaves really give it a 3-dimensional feel. Love the colours too! Yes: frame it! :-)

Helen said...

great die cut leaves, love the colours.

~*~Patty S said...

Having a listen as I type.
Can't believe I've never heard this before!
Van Morrison is so cool
AND so is your inspired Autumn page dear Jackie.
Such warm colors and pretty leaves.
Happy October to ya oxo

Susanne Rose said...

Fantastic page!!! I love the warm colors! Thank you for joining us over at the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugs, Susanne.

Unknown said...

FABULOUSLY FALL and BEAUTIFULLY BOUNTIFUL Jackie. My favorite season, my favorite colors, done my YOU - my favorite harvester so LOVE LOVE LOVE your pages!! Xj.

froebelsternchen said...

What an AMAZING page Jackie! Just fantastic! Would be really great to see
it linked to our Art Journal Journey Challenge as well!
oxo Susi

Julie Lee said...

Jackie - this is gorgeous! I love how you capture Autumn - such a glorious time of year - so perfectly on your page with the colours and the beautiful die-cutting. I can't believe it that Van Morrison is one of your favourite musicians! I am a huge fan! I was listening to him singing 'Lonely Avenue' last night and 'Moondance' is - in my opinion - one of the greatest songs of all time! Actually I'm thinking of more and more great VM songs as I write, so I'd better stop or the list will go on and on! Have a lovely Autumn week. xxx

Gerrina said...

I just love all the colours you used! And those leaves look just like the ones our neighbours-tree will let go soon... Gerrina

SewPaperPaint said...

Biggest congrats on your win at the Artistic Stamper!!! Yay!