Saturday, October 15, 2016

Witchy Woman




 Working on a commission for a friend, I created Witchy Woman as my prototype.

 
 This is the original canvas witch,oops-which,I started with. 
 Jennifer,a long time family friend,is an avid collector,auction hunter and seller of fine antiques and vintage treasures,specializing in vintage clothing.
You find find Jen,aka,LadyJane Vintage here~
Etsy  and    Ebay   and   Instagram

 When this canvas at auction was not going to be bid on,Jen bid $1.00 and bought it with me in mind.
 Yea,no I don't look like her and not even am I a witch-heeheeeeheeee
Jen had a special witch in mind and knew she wanted me to take on the challenge! 
Witch,I have and now Witchy is complete,but I cannot post her until Jen picks her up- so stay tuned for that post! 
(sorry,can't seem to help myself  with the witch puns!)
 Some lovely cackle(oops-crackle) detail
 don't know about her face,she reminds me of the witch on Scooby Do! haahaa



As I said, stay tuned for the finished canvas,witch,does not look at all like my prototype!

 Happy Weekend~I hope it's ghoulishly fun!
(last pun, I promise! heheeee)
Jackie ")







Linking up with these great challenges:

 October Creative Adventure-Witchy Woman

 

Try It On Tuesday~

Scary and spooky 

 

 Mixed Media Monthly~

 Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #29 - Mood Board

 

Country View Crafts~

October Challenge - All Things Spooky

  

 

 Products used:

DecoArt Media White Crackle Paint 

DecoArt Glamour Dust~ Black Ice

DecoArt Media Acrylic Paints~

24 comments:

artbyjune said...

I love that crackle detail in the background! Ive only used crackle medium once in a trial but keen to use it more often.

Darlene K Campbell said...

Whee! This was so much fun to see especially after we talked about it yesterday. LOVE the witchy puns, for witch I am still chuckling. Oh my, the expression in those eyes in that womwn are spooky. Great base to develop a witch painting on. I adore your witches witch reminds me to get out the witch paper doll you made me. It's HAlloween decorating time. Hugs- Can't wait to see the finished painting!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your witchy woman whichever witch she is or isn't! Fun post! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Unknown said...

Eeeeee heeee heeee heeeee heeeee - Loved your Witchy Which post Jackie!!!!!!!!! Also love your luscious crackle and bright colors. What a great project! Can't wait to see the real one!!! Xj.

Joseph Cuccurullo said...

Love the crackle and the color, always a great job.

Nancy TeWinkel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy TeWinkel said...

Spooktacular!!!

froebelsternchen said...

Your witchy woman is really spooktacular - I love the crackle!!!
Awesome painting Jackie!
Happy Sunday!
Thank you for joining us at TioT's!
oxo Susi

Bev said...

Oh great job miss Jackie love her I think I have some witch in my lol

denthe said...

Love love love that crackle! And those yummy colours! Wonder how the "real" witch is going to look :-)

rozwillster@gmail.com said...

So cool...love it!

Cheryl Grigsby said...

Very clever Jackie! The bright colors are such an interesting contrast for this subject. Looking forward to seeing the final result. Thanks for entering this on Creative Carte Blanche!

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Haha, what a fun post Jackie! Love the cackle background in your journal and the neon face of your witch. Can't wait to see your canvas, witch I'm sure turned out fantastic!

Marjut said...

Wonderful! Thank you for joining us at TioT.

Susan said...

Such a wonderful "Witchy Woman", Jackie! Love those bright colors and the story for your inspiration. S She turned out so well! Thanks for joining us at Creative Carte Blanche!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Brilliant Jackie and those eyes! Happy crafty week, Angela x

~*~Patty S said...

Looks like you're having lots of fun
witch goes without saying because you always have fun.
Looking forward to the finished canvas!
oxo

Little Artbee said...

Wonderful witch and so nice the crackled background and the fresh colors. Now I am waiting for the canvas version.
Greetings
Sabine

Astrid Maclean said...

Brilliant work Jackie, wow, love the expression on her face!!

Apologies for my long absence, for some reason my google blog reader never showed your posts anymore, then finally I managed to get to your blog via google plus and then found I was not following you anymore..... weird, anyway, it's now remedied, so expect to see me more often again!

Win Dinn, Artist said...

I'm looking forward to that final canvas, 'cause I'm loving the prototype. You know me and crackle, so I'm hoping you have some more of that lovely stuff coming! Happy weekend, my not-so-witchy friend! xo

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Holy cow...you paint on the photo...WOW! That would be so hard to do. A $1.00? Amazing! LOVE the crackle on the prototype...great color too!

Donna B. said...

Awesome witch!! Love the colors and the background!! Thanks for playing at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!!

Dorthe said...

Amazing color crackle, Jackie, wow, it looks gorgeous, and I`m waiting to see your finished witch :-)
Hugs, Xxx, Dorthe

Hazel Agnew said...

Your witch is awesome Jackie. Tried to think of a pun that you hadn't used but couldn't. Great colours and love the crackle. Thanks for joining in with us at Country View Crafts.