Thursday, May 3, 2018

Continuing the Sari Journal Journey with Springtime Spread


Hello friends,thank you for taking the time to visit!
My typing will be minimal in my next few posts as I regain my strength and feeling in my left hand,so please bear with me.
 For sure there will be loads of photos,so have your cuppa ready!
A few of our blog friends said they would like to see more of the Sari Journal from me.
 So,off we go!

 Here is my beginning inspiration. I ordered Gwen's Curated Stash Packs~Paper and Paper Embellishments-
 OMGosh what a glorious pack to open!
 After choosing some papers I added color to my page with Prima Sparks-Butterfly Spells
Then the layering began
One of Gwen's new spring time stencil releases- isn't this just gorgeous?!
 It is called Chinese Garden Plum Blossom.

close up of Emerald Creek's Enhanced Gold Pearl Embossing Powder-

 I felt the space between the  pages needed a bit of something, so a piece of Sari Scrap was added and the the Turkman Jewelry part with beading- I love how it turned out
 And this GORGEOUS piece of Pink Sari Scrap was the perfect embellishment for this page!
If you haven't purchased any of Gwen's Irresistible India Sari Scraps yet,I urge you to get some before they are gone-such delicious colors and fibers- you will just love them!
 
I cut out and embossed a few of these dies-sorry no longer available-but beautiful right?


 
 











a couple of Gwen's beautiful Washi tapes in stock
 
a bit of sewing of Sari
aged papers for that vintage look
and a nesting of Sari and string 
 
and the finished spread

Thank you so very much for your visit and I wish I could have been more detailed with my descriptions,please contact me via email or in the comments if you have any questions on my Springtime Spread in my Sari Journal!



Thank you my friends for your wonderful words of encouragement and concern-you are truly the best!Sending out much love and peace to you all!
Jackie ")





Gwen's Products used:

Curated Stash Packs~Paper and Paper Embellishments

Going Global Turkman Jewelry Parts

Irresistible India Embellished Sari Scraps~Pink & Neutral Collections

Chinese Garden Plum Blossom Stencils

Gwen's Essentials-Emerald Creek Embossing Powders~

Exotic Orient Washi~Gold & Red Calligraphy~

Classic Art Washi~ the Empress' Court

 Exotic Orient Metal Wafer Die ~ no longer available

Finnabair  Art Alchemy Sparks~Butterfly Spells

Gold Embossing Paste~ Wendy Vecchi Studios


Vintage pictures~my stash
Beads~my stash and gifts from Linda Edkins Wyatt ")
Vintage yarn and strings~my stash

20 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Absolutely gorgeous journal, love it all. Good to see you back in business and wish you a speedy recovery. Hugs, Valerie

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Jackie it's so good to see you are on the mend, we have missed you. What a delight for us all to see this beauty just look at all that layered jewelled goodness... Oh boy!
You have made my day, both seeing you up and running again and sharing this treat with us all. I am in love with everything GWEN!
Sending BIG healing HUGS your way Tracey xx

froebelsternchen said...

I have missed you dear Jackie - I wish you a very speedy recovery now! Take good care of you! This pages are simply just AMAZING! I am totally in love with all the fabulous detail ! UNIQUE and utterly beautiful Jackie!
Big hugs and many healing wishes for you sweetheart!♥♥♥
Hugs, Susi

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Jackie, I do hope this means you are feeling a bit better. It certainly hasn't stopped you producing gorgeous projects. I am sending you a big gentle hug. Your crafty friend, Angela xXx

Karenliz Henderson said...

Gorgeous!!!! I love how you use all those fabrics. I look at mine and love them too much and don't use them!!!! I'm glad you're feeling better. BUT rest, rest, and do those PT exercises!!

Win Dinn, Artist said...

My heart skipped several beats to see your post on my roll today, Jackie - I am delighted that you are well enough to post here again. I LOVE the exquisite colour and texture in your work here, and am so happy that you were able to share more of this. Sending you some healing energy and hugs, my friend. xo

Gwen Lafleur said...

Absolutely gorgeous pages Jackie, as usual! I love seeing all of the little details you added. I'm glad you're feeling better too :)

Edzellinni aka Linda Edkins Wyatt said...

Beautiful pages, such sensual colors and textures. Wishing you a fast and thorough recovery! Xoxoxo

Julie Lee said...

Jackie, words can't describe how thrilled I was when I saw the notification of this post - and I was not disappointed! This is just gorgeous! I love your spread and all the glorious colour and texture. Once again, you have filled my day with beauty. Take great care of yourself as you recover- sending healing wishes and love your way. xxxx

ann barnes said...

Jackie these pages are gorgeous! So glad to see that your creativity is doing better than ever and sending wishes for steadfast healing! I love all the fine details that you take time to consider, those sari scraps add the perfect touch! hugs to you!

Jill McDowell said...

Jackie so glad to see you back and hope its a good sign that you’re feeling better. I missed you. Your pages are gorgeous as usual. You make those Sari scraps sing. Hugs

Roosterhead Designs said...

Oh Jackie I'm so glad you are feeling up to posting again!
I was happy to see your Blog come up! Please continue to
take care of yourself. <3
Your pages here are lovely! and soo rich with texture and color.
Beautifully done~
I smiled to see your Chinese stencil lettering! (It means:
"Pretty and Peace" : )
You take care friend~ Glad you're home~
Love & Hugs, karen o

Dorthe said...

Dear Jackie,
so wonderful to see you here again, able to blog, and with a smile , I can tell-
I wish you, to be quickly in healing , so your hand , very soon is usable, again.
Thank you for showing all your wonderful pages, so beautiful.
I hope your weekend will be sunny and happy- and send you hugs.
Take care dear friend. xoxo

Kim Collister Studio said...

Beautiful journal pages Jackie! All the texture, embellishments, images, layout,and colors, all so visually stunning and perfectly inspiring. Great healing medicine!
Love and hugs,
Kim

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

A glorious journal, Jackie! So full of texture and inspiration! I'm so happy to see you post again - this must mean you're well on the way to recovery! Sending you healing thoughts and lots of love xx

Words and Pictures said...

It's wonderful to see that you're creating again, Jackie - and it was lovely to hear from you over at Words and Pictures too... don't go overdoing it now, will you?! I love your Oriental journal page - stunning textures and colours and so much love and life, which is amazing given what you've been going through. Your love and positivity shines through. I'll be back shortly to catch up with your video catch up.

Oh, and yes, the sun is finally shining!
Alison xx

Margik said...

Oh Jackie, these pages are wonderful! Textures and colors are perfect and so inspiring!
Good to see you back!!!
Hugs, Mar

Kate Yetter said...

Jackie, this layout is stunning! I am so glad that you shared more of this art journal because I want to see it all! The images, embroidery, sparkle and texture make my eye so happy. I love everything about it. Your pictures of Gwen's goodies make my mouth water. I am going to have to save some money. Hope that your hand is feeling better soon. Rest, rest, rest!
Kate

Redanne said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jackie, I love all the beautiful textures and colour, it makes me want to reach out and touch it! That Turkman piece is stunning and I love how you added the beading - so beautiful!

Speaking as one who had a wrist replacement a few years back, the best advice I can give is to rest your hand but do some gentle exercise - and take it easy and you will soon be back crafting and blogging! Thinking of you. Hugs, Anne xx

sarascloset said...

Lovely journal spread, so rich in texture and colors! I wouldn't have the first clue on how to craft in an Oriental style, but you seem to come by it quite easily. The die cut is indeed a beauty and I love the rich embossing you gave it. It's always a pleasure to see how your crafty mind thinks. Please don't overdo it! I totally get how those pain meds make you feel like a superhero, ready to tackle anything that comes your way. Makes me wonder WHY???? I could use some of that get up and go today. Got a LONG post to write! Sending healing hugs!