Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Every Sari Journal needs a beautiful cover


Good Morning everyone!
 Here I am with another Sari post for 
In case you could not tell...I am in LOVE with Gwen's Irresistible India Embellished  Sari Scraps- just saying! 
The base of my Journal contains a mix of beautiful papers from Gwen's assorted paper packs as well as some of her beautiful Irresistible India Washi tape!
Have you seen some of the tapes she carries? Gorgeous! oops...back to what I was saying...


After covering the front of the book with Gwen's papers and tapes, I added a couple of cutouts to either side. Saving the center as I knew I had something special for that space.


The cutouts are from Gwen's Downloadable Collages-the Irresistible India Collection













 Next came  Gwen's Decorative Flower Stamen Medallion Stencil
 Another new favorite stencil of mine! I just love this design Gwen!!!
  It all started with some modeling paste and Magicals from Lindy's...a Flower Stamen Stencil in the center, and a few petals stenciled off the sides of the cover...but as you see here and in other photos to follow,it did not stop there-ohhh no!

I found this adorable little archway with opening doors in the Curated Mixed Media Stash Packs- the Jewelry Parts Pack from Gwen's store!
 this just had to go in the center!
 and the delicious color added to the stenciling?
    I'll come back to that...
  I added this Gorgeousness piece of Irresistible India Embellished Sari Scrap in purple. Purple is my favorite color and I was just feeling it that day!
After adding it,I realized I had not a large selection of purple beads...after scouting around my studio-woo hoo! I remembered the beautiful Amethyst stones my Tribe Sister Linda Edkins Wyatt gifted me!
  What a perfect way to trim up this Sari!
 
  another cut out from Gwen's Downloadable Collages-the Irresistible India Collection

Now,onto a few pics of the colorful stenciling aka bead work I referred to earlier 
   Of course there needed to be bead work added!
I just never knew how long and tedious and how difficult it is one handed to do! heehee
But I did it! And again, another shout out to my Tribe Sister Linda for these fabulously beautiful beads! 
 So you might notice a bit of white-ishness in between the beads. I added an overall coating of 3-D Crystal Lacquer to hold the beads securely to the cover.
  and finally another simply exquisite Irresistible India Embellished Sari Scrap
 -in Purple. Such a beautiful way to finish the edging-don't you think?
 
  What's inside the tiny doors you ask? You will have to wait till I return with the backside of the Journal to find out! Stay tuned!

 Thanks so much for your visit! I hope you found my post inspiring and maybe you saw some products from Gwen's store, that you can't live without! heehe I always do!



So glad you came by and I will see you again,very soon!
Peace & Love
Jackie









18 comments:

Dorthe said...

Ohh Jackie, this is amazing-
I`m so in awe over your pearl art , fantastic art work, and the chosen colors are just totally gorgeous, together-- love the shine, you added, too- and the beautiful result of all the Indian images, and sari pieces and ribbons.
I hope you enjoy your camping dear friend- that the weather is with you- here we have 27 degrees in the shadow today, and had no rain at all, for 3 week- :-( all too dry !!

Take care and rest that hard working hand , a bit .
Hugs from Dorthe , x0

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

You're back, Jackie - and with such an exuberant project too! I love anything Indian inspired - the little door is my favourite part in this. Your cover looks very sturdy and tactile. Hope you're keeping well xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, wow, wow - words fail me, this is just totally and absolutely fabulous. Hope you are doing well, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

I just can sit here with an open mouth! You did an amazing job - unbelievable - I so adore this cover and the pearl art - it's just MAGICAL dear Jackie!
I hope you feel much better meanwhile my lovely friend!
Keep with this amazing art - you just make me happy every time I see a new post from you at my dashboard not just for the fantastic art you always share but for you as you are a gem!
LOVE from
Susi
♥♥♥

Gwen Lafleur said...

This is just beautiful Jackie - I love how it turned out. And I can't believe you did all of that beading with just one hand! I don't think I could have done it... lol... I can barely do it with two hands! Thank you - it's gorgeous!

Jill McDowell said...

Jackie, you’re beading is absolutely stunningly gorgeous! And that little door! I’m in love......

Redanne said...

Oh wow Jackie, this is stunning! I love the gorgeous colours and the wonderful beading - I think this may be my new favourite of your work!

I hope you are feeling much better now... Hugs, Anne xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Jackie this is so scrumptious, if I was near it I would have to give it a little hug as it surely is a magnificent piece of artistry. I adore beadwork but have little time for it on a large scale anymore, just for small embellishments and jewellery pieces. I think you may just have inspired me to find out those beading needles and get busy!!
Hope your holiday gave you time to rest and help you on the road to recovery?? We missed you whilst away.
Bug Hugs and Thank you for sharing this delicious creation.
Tracey xx

Julie Lee said...

Jackie, words cannot describe how much I love this beautiful,beautiful cover! Those little doors in the arch are the cat's whiskers! It's all just amazing and incredibly lovely! The beading is superb. I am completely bowled over by this piece, which I think is one of the loveliest of your exceptional creations! Well done and so good to be feasting on your blog again. xxx

Kate Yetter said...

I am just eating up every detail on your cover! I can't believe that you did all that bead work with one hand. I really want to try bead work, especially since Gwen rocks it, but I don't know if I have the patience. You did an incredible job of coordinating everything together on this cover. And those little doors are so cute. But I really Love the sari scraps. In fact, I love everything about this journal. I know I am sounding redundant because I say that every time you post a layout from this journal. ;) I really hope your book is not completed yet. If so, you may have to start a second volume.
Kate

Karenliz Henderson said...

You are a super star beading with one hand!!! OMG Jackie, you're amazing. This is absolutely beautiful and you're such a tease. I was hoping for a peak inside those little doors!!!!

ann barnes said...

This is simply amazing Jackie! The beadwork looks fabulous, such a perfect cover for your wonderful sari scrap journal! I am really blown away by the beauty! Hugs to you, glad that the worst days are behind you. xx

Edzellinni aka Linda Edkins Wyatt said...

Wow! You knocked it out of the park! And one handed too, amazing. So glad you could make magic with my bead stash! Xoxoxox

artbyjune said...

Just beautiful! You are in love with sari scraps... Saris are indeed beautiful... Decorative and silky materials. And you make such indpired lovely art with them.😄

Little Artbee said...

That looks so wonderful and the glued pearls are perfect to it.A new masterpiece again. I like it so much what you perform magic with fabric,paper and some pearls.
Dear Greetings
Sabine

ArtyDiva said...

Jackie, to look at all these details are so inspiring. You, my sister, are amazing!!

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Jackie, this is a stunning project - from start to finish I just love what you've done here. It's a fabulous cover, and I can hardly wait to see what's next!!! Well done, my fabulously artsy friend. xo

Lynda Shoup said...

Oh my goodness! And you did that one handed?! Hard to imagine. That said, the beading on this is divine. I love the shiny surface. It really pulls everything together. How did you do that? I want that in my life! Really digging the way you brought the elements together and truly integrated them. Genius!