Thursday, March 9, 2017

Beautiful Springtime



 Springtime can not get here soon enough so I thought i would make a bit of my own!
There ended up so many layers on this piece,that I will try my best to remember the steps for you!
 I only wish my camera had captured the colors better~as the pinks are more Coral and the background is more of a meld of soft greens and teals.
 Guess,you will have to use your imagination here!
The first thing was to gesso front and back of my substrate. When dry I coated with Timeless chalky finish.
While my board was drying,I stamped out my images to use;some on card stock and others on Mulberry paper.
Some of the flowers as well as the dragonflies were painted in with a light wash of matching ink..
My lovely Lynne Perrella lady was stamped on the Mulberry paper and embossed with Wow! clear ep and heat set. Then I embossed lightly around the edges of the paper with VanillaWhite allowing a few specks to fall on the image.
Up next, the background~
 Layers of clear matte medium, DecoArt Weathered Wood Crackle,and Lindy's Starburst Sprays,and repeat the layers,at least 3 times, with some heat gun action in between, allowing the mediums to bubble up and cool down for texture.
My beautiful stamped flowers are from a set of stamps I won from Artistic Stamper- Love these so much! They are so full of Spring goodness!!
After my soft greens and teals were in place I added more embossing powders to the edges of the board as well as onto the side scrolls.
Next tiny Prills were added,both to the bottom also a few here and there around the sides and top, using Finnabair's gloss gel to hold them in place.
 Time for pinks to frame up the teals. These sprays were poured onto the table and applied with a floppy paintbrush around the edges focusing on drippage from the top and covering the Prills on the bottom.
After that it was time to place my stamp images. I layered the flowers for extra depth then  glued down the dragonflies as well.
The "Beautiful" label came at the end along with two fancy cut Butterflies to complete my Springtime Plaque. 
 
Hoping my piece inspired a bit of Springtime for you!!
 I can almost smell the flowers and feel the sun on my face already!
Namaste'
Jackie ")



Products used:
Liquitex Matte Medium 
Substrate/canvas~Wendy Vecchi Art Parts



 I would like to enter the following challenges with this piece
More Than words Challenge Beautiful & Butterfly 
with this challenge board being my inspiration

34 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful piece with a very spring-like feeling to it, I can almost feel the sun although it's bed time! Hugs,Valerie

Judy Shea said...

Well, you know I'm loving this. I have that same image. Thanks for putting a "spring" in my step, girlfriend.

Win Dinn, Artist said...

How delightfully light and springy, Jackie - a welcome change from looking out my studio window at the 2 foot high rock-hard drifts! Many thanks....xo

Karenliz Henderson said...

Beautiful as always. I always love all the images you use. It was 56 here today. Gorgeous. Tomorrow snow.

Nancy TeWinkel said...

I always enjoy your art. This piece is lovely. Ah spring! May it find us soon!!!

Brenda Brown said...

You've definitely got me hooked and believe it or not we had some lovely warm early spring sunshine today here in southern UK. Love your colours and layers. Xxxx

Julie Lee said...

Such a beautiful creation, Jackie - so full of lovely texture. I love that Lynne Perrella lady. It's been a beautiful day here and this project has been the perfect end of it for me.xx

Heather McMahon said...

This is a gorgeous creation however as it isn't a canvas, layout or art journal page we can't accept it as an entry into More Than Words unfortunately. I've really enjoyed checking it out though - it's fabulous!

froebelsternchen said...

Oh wow Jackie ! This is wonderful! I love what you have created here and it brings spring mood to my """just - rain - outside - day""" this morning!
Thank you for sharing your wonderful art and how you created it!
Happy weekend my friend!
oxo Susi

sirkkis said...

Thank you Jackie for great spring feelings. Your creation is gorgeous and so much delight of spring and joy there.
Happy weekend xx

SLScheibe said...

I love your multi-layered creation! It's vibrant and colourful and brings a smile to my face. Love the colours!

Redanne said...

Well you have certainly made me thing of Spring Jackie, your plaque is gorgeous, I love the contrast between the pinks and the teal colours and you really have created some wonderful texture too. Love this! Hugs, Anne xx

Unknown said...

What FABULOUS textures Jackie - YUMMY. And so many fun layers too. This is really a great tribute to your wish for Spring. Makes me think of you guys planting your wonderful veggies. Not only do you have exceptional creative flair but I know for a fact you have an amazing green thumb too!!! Xj.

Jannet said...

This is beautiful ! Thank you for bringing some much needed Spring to our lives .

Kareen Dion said...

Beautiful take on the challenge, very lovely! Thanks for playing with us at More Than Words!

Kerry Fellowes said...

WOW, i love the background, texture and colors are amazing, thanks for playing along at Lindy's :)

sarascloset said...

Oh, Jackie! I can feel the spring air when I look at this! I love all the texture and beautiful colors! Don't think you're getting much spring time weather this coming week! We actually had snow today! Hugs, but no sunshine!

denthe said...

Jackie, that texture is gorgeous! I had to look up "Prills" since I had no idea what it is. It looks so cute on your art piece. Like I said before: I'd LOVE to see you make something like this. I think I could learn a lot from you. Most of the materials you're mentioning are a mystery to me. It's so nice to see all these Springtime-posts on the blogs. I get the feeling everyone is longing for Spring to come :-) We had our first real spring day today, with sun shining all day long. Life is so much nicer then :-)
Wishing you a great sunshine-filled week! Hugs ♥

Julia Aston said...

What lovely colors, texture and stampings on this beautiful spring piece Jackie!

Caroline Elliam said...

Fantastic texture! Thank you for joining at More than words as well as Lindy's stamp gang!

aimarii said...

I really thought there you have already Springtime! Any way you have created lovely spring feeling.
It occurred to me that maybe you are singing at the same time while you paint?

Sugar Lump Studios said...

this is really an amazing piece. I love the texture too!

Solange Marques said...

Wonderful project!!!

Elena Martynova said...

So sweet and beautiful! Thanks for playing at Lindy's challege!

Pamellia said...

Wow Jackie, this is beautiful! Love the Mulberry paper background, what an excellent idea for a base product! The image is amazing, and your colour palette is so pretty! I just love all the amazing texture! The use of embossing powder here is incredible and I am absolutely in love with those Prills, wow! Flowers, butterflies and glitter, oh my! LOVE IT!! sending hugs my friend :)

talkis23 said...

Amazing Art wow Love This Thanks for your participation at Lindy's stamp Gang Challenge!

Nicole Doiron said...

This is beautiful! You have linked your project to the More Than Words Main Challenge LinkyTool, but you have not indicated it as an inspiration in your blog post. In order to be eligible for a prize, you must include a link to our blog as well as the challenge board image. You still have a few days to add them! :)

Tina Stepanova said...

What a wonderful project! Thank you for joining Lindy's color challenge this month!

Words and Pictures said...

What incredible textures, Jackie - and all those layers give such depth and detail. Amazing work.
Alison x

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Amazing textures in this, Jackie! Love those Prills. This must look incredible in real life with all those tactile surfaces!

Sanderijn de Bruin said...

It's unque and wonderful. I think you've created a very artistic piece! Thank you for joining More than Words and Lindy's Color Challenge this month.

langeatheart said...

Wonderful piece! Thanks for playing along with us at MTW! :)

kavitha said...

Beautiful.Thank you for joining us at "More than words" challenge!!

Mary Tzalla said...

Lovely work! Thank you for joining us at Lindy's color challenge!