Thursday, March 30, 2017

Sherie comes to visit...



 Last week I hinted at my friend Sherie coming for a visit. Well,she did! And it was a great time!
 She flew in on Thursday(boy were her arms tired!LOL) and stayed until the following Monday evening.
Sherie showed up with lots of love and a suitcase packed full of art goodness and treasures and a mind packed with clever art ideas and inspiration-yup, all of that!heehee

Over the next few days,I am going to share the projects we worked on and created.

Project number one was to redesign these baby dresses/nighties Sherie brought.

Up first is Sherie's~warning photo heavy post with some Jackie goofiness!


She spoke not a word and went straight to her work...



And sewed like a mad woman till her stitches did twerk!

Her stamping and laces were beauties to behold!


just look how that coffee made those ribbons look old!



buttons,strings and flowers were placed till just right
How beautiful! We both said cheered with joy and delight!







A masterpiece my friend!Well done Sherie!
ok,enough of my silly poetry and on with the post!
here,my sweet Riley took some time out from his yard work to help get the second machine up and running for us!
 thanks my honey!
Next up is my dress
 Still configuring the elements on the worktable...
the tin to the left is the coffee we used for splattering and dying our materials.


I had never worked on a project like this,so it was sort of a challenge for me.

I gathered sooooo many pieces to begin with and ended up using a fraction of what I had~choices are good!
oh, and all those vintage laces and ribbons I have been  hoarding saving,really came in handy!

I think composition was the most difficult part for me,but I do like how it came together


my very first time using buttons in ANY of my art!

I even pulled out the embroidery thread one night last week and while my husband and I watched The Wizard of Oz together,I stitched out some French knots!

Believe it or not,stamping on material was another first for me and I quite like it!


So there you have a tale of two dresses!
Those wonderful stamps we used are from
A couple more photos to share here and then another post on Friday with more fun pieces.

    



















This is a journal Sherie brought me that she made out of large envelopes-so very cool! It took me forever and her explaining at least a hundred times how she assembled these envelopes heehee my brain wouldn't cooperate!
 I love Sherie's style,always so happy!
 Thank you my sweet art sister!
That's a wrap for today- see you again tomorrow!


Thank you for your visit!
Jackie ")















































16 comments:

Karenliz Henderson said...

HAHA LOVE the poetry!!! Those dresses are amazing. Love them. What a fun project. I can't wait to see more!

Valerie-Jael said...

You two lovely ladies really went to town, had fun and produced marvelous results, one piece lovelier than the other, well done both of you. Glad you had so much fun! Hugs, Valerie

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Jackie, you are so lucky to have a crafty friend! The dresses are gorgeous. As jealous as I am, I can't wait to see what else you both come up with. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

Gerda said...

Ik can see you have had fun together. The dresses are very pretty. It's always nice to have a friend in art crime. 😂😘

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Oh my heavens - what a fabulous project and look at what you both did! I'm wiping the drool from my chin and the keyboard...you are a Dynamite Creating Pair of Artsistas. Please won't you both come and play with me in Creston???? Pretty please??? I know we'd have a blast! xo

froebelsternchen said...

You both did a fantastic job- this dresses are GORGEOUS - wow!
Great to have such a wonderful visitor - her art is incredible inspiring! I am looking forward to more projects! WOW WOW WOW WOW ...AMAZING!
Your hubby is an angel to bring the machine to work for you!

You asked about my garden work shop.. no it was not a gardenparty in reality - it was just a Garden-link-party online...sorry.. my English - you know... hihi!

Happy weekend - so curious about the next post ... I am just excited now!
oxo Susi

Darlene K Campbell said...

Ah, reading through your post I realized I forgot to record and watch The Wizard of Oz. Your silly poetry verse was fun! Wonderful how you tried something completely new to you and the results look as if you've been creating with these materials forever. Honestly...LOVE!You are creating fabulous work. Cheers & Hugs-

artbyjune said...

Wonderful to do this art with a friend! I love all that lace with the vintage photos!

Julie Lee said...

What fun! Great poetry and great art!!! I love Red Lead and how well their stamps go with this kind of project. I was just fascinated to see how these amazing projects took shape. They are truly lovely pieces of art and what an inspiring friend, Sherie is! I bet her arms were even more tired after flying back home too! Ha ha! xx

Katie said...

This is brilliant

Sugar Lump Studios said...

WOW!!!! you have been busy busy! Love the dresses!
Happy April!

ArtyDiva said...

Thanks everyone!! XXX Being with Jackie, Riley, and Chumski is my fave place to be! So full of inspiration, love, and amazing surroundings!! Also, the BEST bits n' bobs to choose from!!! Jackie, is so full of creativity and inspiration, that I can't help but pull from!!! LOVE

ArtyDiva said...

YESSSSSSS! For sure, we have to plan something!!! Xox

SewPaperPaint said...

Sounds like such a fun visit! I adore your vintage dresses and collage work. Such a fantastic idea and such beautiful results! <3 Hugs, Autumn

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Amazing fabric projects Jackie! Altered dresses - whatever next! By the way, I really like Sherie's colourful trousers! Sounds like you had a great time together as always! Looking forward to your next adventure together!

suziqu's thread works said...

What a beautiful post Jackie.
I so enjoyed your adventures into these creations of gorgeous dresses using all the
things I so love to create with myself!
Well done and glad you had so much fun!
All the very best and thank you for your lovely comment on my blog too!
x Suzy