Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Mid Century Modern Canvas


  A group I belong to on FB, #Relics&Artifacts Tribe offered up a challenge using Sandra Evertson's Relics&Artifacts in the Mid Century Modern design.
  Having been born,somewhere around this time,and just Adoring this style,naturally I jumped right in to this challenge.
 Our home is decorated with art and furniture from this era,so I had lots of inspiration to pull from!

 After deciding which #Relics to use,I figured my favorite Mid Century color palette and roughly sketched my design in my journal
I said it was rough! LOL
 Next,using all DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics I painted in my spaces.
Then I found the BEST chipboard pieces from GypsySoul Laser Cuts in my stash to use. 
Look,they fit perfectly!
 So very MOD!

The eye pieces and face were were painted in both Chalky and Multi Surface Satin finishes for contrast and adhered with DecouPage
 So that's my canvas and I am totally digging it! I do believe this is my grooviest piece I have made- So FAB!
Thanks so much for your visit!
As always,your comments and visits,make me smile and my heart happy!
Stay Hip and Be Cool!
Jackie") 
Products used:
11x7 canvas panel

DecoArt Paints&Mediums~
Media White Gesso
Decou-Page
Media Fluid Acrylics~ Cobalt Teal Hue,Raw Sienna,Vermillion,GreenGold,Transparent YellowIronOxide
Americana Decor Chalky Finish~ Delicate,Lace
Americana MultiSurface Satin~BlackTie
DecoArt Traditions Acrylic~Raw Sienna

#Relics&Artifacts~Eyes & Face

Mod Chipboard~GypsySoul Laser Cuts 

Stabilio Pencil 

19 comments:

Jo Murray said...

That is SUCH fun...well done !!!!

Karenliz Henderson said...

Very cool Jackie, Love it. It's totally you! Love those eyes!

Valerie-Jael said...

This is absolutely and totally fantastic, love your canvas! It's evident how much fun you had making it, it will look wonderful in your home! Have a good rest of the week, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

What a fabulous canvas Jackiw! Amazing!
I wish you a good and creative rest of the week my friend!
oxo Susi

Julie Lee said...

Wow! I love, love, love this! It's perfect and totally inspired! Well done! I was really looking forward to seeing what you would create and I've not been disappointed: it's tremendous. xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

What a fun piece Jackie. Love it to bits. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

artbyjune said...

I love the little white face amongst the colour!

Unknown said...

Wow - Jackie - so unique and brightly bold. I REALLY REALLY think you knocked it out of the park on this one girl as far as creativity. It's so fun and so different. I have really enjoyed it! Xj.

Win Dinn, Artist said...

This is fabulous, Jackie - love the colours and the retro look. This is so unique, and a wonderful style for you. Well done, my friend! xo

Dorthe said...

Yes a wonderful retro look, dear Jackie, fantastic colors and lay out, this art really belongs in the time periode, you was supposed to create from. So very fifties ,for me, and a wonderful creation.
Hugs , Dorthe

Gio said...

This is really a piece of Art, Jackie. And I am pretty sure you are hanging it proudly on thewall, side to side with your favourite artists. Brava!!

Yoonsun Hur said...

Wow, so awesome artworks!!

Jackie, I want to let you know that you are the winner of Altenew $30 gift certificate from my blog (rejoicingcrafts.com) Please send me your email address to my email praise9374@gmail.com

Congrats, Jackie!!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I know I've already commented on this gorgeous piece so this is just a friendly visit to tell you the chocolate was gorgeous well still is actually but not sure how long they will last Lol! Have a great weekend my friend, Angela xXx

Sugar Lump Studios said...

A very fun project indeed! You did really well combining the colors and geometric patterns! :-)

denthe said...

What a great piece of work Jackie! The choice of colours and the composition are perfect. Well done! Hugs, Denise xx

Words and Pictures said...

Definitely groovy! You can tell how much you were at home creating this - it has a great energy and positivity about it. Fabulous!
Alison x

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Wow, Jackie, this is super cool! I really like those clean, geometric shapes and the strong blocks of colours. Very different from your usual vintage stuff. Well done for trying something new and exciting!

Pamellia said...

Wow Jackie, this is just so much fun!! You have so many different styles, a sign of a true artist! The layout is brilliant, may I say it creates a great flow for my 'eyes' to follow! Bwahaha!! I'm hilarious!! lol. The colours are fantastic, there's just something that draws me right in and makes me smile. Well done my friend! hugs :)

aimarii said...

I look all of this art so dumbfounded. Funny eyes. Really I don´t know what I say?