Friday, April 4, 2014

~Sacred In Nature~

      ~ My debut post as a team designer for Artistcellar ~
 

   Welcome to Artistscellar's regularly scheduled Friday posting with, me, Jackie!

      Can I  tell you, I am so happy and so excited that you have joined me for my first official post as a Artistcellar Design Team Member!  
  When I was asked to join AC's team-my excitement got the best of me, as, I ran through the house whooping and hollering and ended up tripping over the dog!~ Disclaimer~ Neither Chum nor I were seriously hurt! teehee  
  Since calming down, I have been in my studio playing with my wonderful set of Sacred Hearts Stencils!   I have practiced, played and tried different mediums and techniques and came up with some really cool pieces, but have picked my favorite to share with you today!
                                   So without further delay...
Sacred in Nature
First I taped off my stencil to give me more room to hold and tape it down. Then I mixed
 Liquitex Flexible Modeling Paste with Golden Fluid Acrylics in Bone Black and Naphthol Red.
This blend was applied to the inside of the heart and as I moved out I added Quinacridone NickleAzoGold, also by Golden Fluid Acrylics, to alter and blend the colors even more.
DSCN8695DSCN8696DSCN8697DSCN8700
After removing the stencil and drying the piece, I put the stencil back in place and added more color with a makeup sponge.Colors used are Luminarte Silks~SpicyTomato & Sunburst both available at Artistcellar.  And if you haven't tried Silks yet, you should!


DSCN8708DSCN8706

Making sure the Silks were dry, the next step was to apply KROMA Crackle medium with a paintbrush.

DSCN8712
 DSCN8705  DSCN8719

Once I liked where the crackle was, I heated up my wax and added thin layer after thin layer across the whole piece. I then brushed wax across the top of the bark while holding it upright so the wax would drip. I used red wax close to the heart to give the appearance of bleeding.

DSCN8723DSCN8724DSCN8876

The last thing was to find the right piece from the yard to use for hanging and add the embellishments.
I do hope you enjoyed what I shared and if so, see you next week!
Jackie ")
ps. while you are out there- stop by and visit my team mates blogs- The gals are all very gifted and talented artists with lots to share!

  So there you have it- I really do hope you enjoyed this post and remember- I'm now Friday's gal -so I'll share a new design every week, on Friday,at Artistcellar!  Did you get that?!tee heehee-
One other thing, here is a shout out to  Leah Hughes the very talented artist who was my inspiration for this piece! ")

18 comments:

Denise Phillips said...

Big Congrats Jackie!!!! Have a Blast!!!!

Janet Ghio said...

Congratulations on your first AC post! you've done them proud!!

Sisterhood of the Muse said...

Great post!!!! CONGRATULATIONS...can't wait till next Friday :-)

Nancy TeWinkel said...

What a beautiful idea! Well done well done. I am loving that stencil too!

Becky W. said...

Wonderful Jackie...interesting materials and techniques. I'm a little confulsed...is the bark background part of the heart stencil?

Unknown said...

fantastic project and I LOVE all that texture!

Darlene K Campbell said...

What a magnificent surprise to see how you used the stencil. Love the texture concepts with wax and Kroma Crackle and all of that is such a perfect contrast on the bark. This piece is rooted in "Sacred Nature" elements!! Love it! Congrats on your AC post.

Maggie said...

What a great stencil, I love it! And what you've done is beautiful and unique. I love all the texture!

Unknown said...

Congrats Jackie, great post and techniques! Can't wait to see what you create next:)
Hugs Marilou

Stamping With Bibiana said...

I am so happy for you, congratulations! your piece looks fantastic and so unique! I look forward to see more on your DT assignments. cheers
bibiana

Renee said...

What a beautiful and organic piece of art! Love it.

Unknown said...

Jackie that's AMAZING, so textured so rich in color, yeah I have no words, love this piece! And congrats for the DT, I am gonna check back on Fridays ;-)

Bev said...

Wow you are perfect for this position you are so inventive and your work is stunning love your latest project ...you have found your niche ....
So happy for you big hugz.
Bev

Jackie PN said...

WOW WOW WOW!
I cannot even begin to tell you all how overwhelmed I am at your wonderful comments and show of support! (not that I didn't drag you all here! heehee)
Truly , you all brought tears of joy to me eyes and I am very grateful for each and everyone of you! Big hugs and warm wishes of joy for you all- Jackie ")

Consie @ AtopSerenityHill.com said...

Love the project, Jackie and congrats!!

CarolsCreativeJourney said...

Jackie
Love the clear and concise description. And, the religious connotation of the heart stencil is very interesting. Waiting for the next one. Carol

Julie Lee said...

Wanted to stop by and say 'HI' and thank you for your lovely comments on my PaperArtsy GD spot. Your work is beautiful, so vibrant and joyous, but when I tried to follow on the post I found Google died on me! I seem to have landed on a different post altogether! It's still lovely. I feel like Alice travelling randomly around Wonderland! I'll try and follow you again! Julie Ann xx

Seth said...

This is brilliant Jackie. Congratulations!