Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Girls are in the yard!!


              A short post today with lots of pictures and a video, showing off our Chickies!
What do you think Remi? Should we go?

well, I don't know...what's up here?

in or out- make your mind!

Last one out- is a rotten egg!!
                 Another fun video for your viewing pleasure! heehee And it was my pleasure making it- hub said I was out in the pen with the girls for over an hour yesterday! Who knew!!!


   These are two of the three Guinea hens- they usually hang tight together-such beautiful girls. I call them my instigators ; when they get to squawking everybody gets to squawking!!
                                            Everyone is coming out now!!
                               and Chum wants a piece of the action!
Did you see something move?
I like eating from Momma's hand- she has the best cracked corn!
 

    Here is a picture of the playyard where the girls are all safe away from any predators- even the top is fully covered with a netting. 
I still have to paint the outside when it warms up more- not sure what colors? I think I want it bright and playful- maybe do a mural on the side at some point. 
 Red with white trim?
White with red trim? 
Yellow with white?   
  So, what do you think? I'm open to suggestions and ideas! - let me know!
      Back to art tomorrow!
 Peace to you and Happy Earth Day!      ")
                 Thank You Mother Earth for all you give

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute. Love all the newbies. I just found a duck nest under our rabbit hutch. Our egg layers (khaki campbell ducks) live with our bunnies and they snuck under and laid three eggs...LOL At least it wasn't the water? Love your new hutch....xox

Unknown said...

this makes me miss having chickens, they were so fun, we really enjoyed them!

Jackie PN said...

Corrine, how funny is that?! How many ducks and bunnies do you have? I had no idea I would love this so much! sshhh- don't tell the hub I said that! heehee

Jackie PN said...

Aubrey, It's not too late, unless of course you live in an apartment?! heeheeYou can come play at my house anytime!

Bev said...

Hehe da girls are in da house ,how cute and it's such entertainment for you and Chum lol a little family for him to guard ,like having his own TV lol I wish I had a hen house I do I do....

Bev said...

Oh I vote for Aqua ith white trim....though I do love red....

Jackie PN said...

Bev, I like the Aqua with white trim! Good call!!

Darlene K Campbell said...

You've got me watching the girls too and loving them. That last one is camera shy. Love how Chumly sits when you ask him and he finally turned his back to them. You have a beautiful set up for them. My vote is red or yellow.