Wednesday, March 5, 2014

       Here is my piece for the Sunday Postcard Art challenge...
            this week's theme is : Newspapers

 
  
      For this, I dug out my 1923 Watertown Times Newspaper that I had been saving for ? some special project?! (yeah right- hoarder!) 
   The articles in this paper were crazy! They wrote about everything that happened, from your neighbor falling out of a tree to a "Detroit Manufacturer was seen on Fifth Avenue"  Exciting news in 1923!
    I also used another newspaper that I picked up in San Jose while staying with my son a few years back.(picked this up because it had colored graphics&nice lettering-hoarder!)  Once I started snipping out articles, the phrases just followed.

Products used:
Background stamp by Judi Kins
Apothecary Bottle stamp from Lynne Perrella Collection
Tim Holtz-Distress Inks  Dried Marigold, Broken China, Stormy Sky
Royal Coat Decoupage Finish


... and here is my buddy that stayed in with me while I created and the temps never got above 9 degrees...
     I had to jump off my chair and over him because of the way he nestled his nose into the chair!   Crazy Chum!  ")

4 comments:

Annette said...

You had such a great helper there girl. Love seeing your newspaper doings. Keep warm and today I am off to do some kind of art. Wherever it takes me. lol xoox

Jackie PN said...

Thanks sweetie for checking in- and I love the picture of your Grand- I totally can see you in her! Beautiful my dear!
and that Chum- yup, he's my buddy! xo

Darlene K Campbell said...

I don't know how you do this but one day I hope to sit next to you and watch how. Hugs-

Jackie PN said...

Darlene,
this is the year we get to sit net to one another and learn something new!! xo