Sunday, March 2, 2014

Inside and Out....

       This weekend I  have been busy inside my studio and out- out in the pole-barn that is....
     Recently I decided to do a few online challenges that only required posting my art and not swapping...here is my first piece finished, for Sunday Postcard ArtYou can use any and all mediums and the prompt was Tropical Sampler.

     My postcard has lots of sparkle and shine. Products used  were glitter tape,various graphics, Silks ,and  Stickles,
     My most favorite additions are the teeny tiny shells and pieces along the bottom. Mom lived in Myrtle Beach and would collect these tiny treasures. While I was was down there, I too, would gather them from the beach. When Mom passed, my sisters wanted me to have Mom's collection. They said, we were the only two who collected broken pieces of shells! I am more than happy to be the keeper of Mom's treasures- I use them knowing how beautiful Mom and I both found these tiny pieces! miss you Mom
                                                                                 
    Another piece I worked on and finished up was for my February prompt for the Journal Journey group on Roses On My Table

    The prompt here was Passion- and this is represents my muse who is Passionate about all things. The journaling is all covered-once I started with the colors I just couldn't stop! I posted both views because, depending on which angle you look at, it shows various rays of gold shining down.
Products used: JudiKins Embossing Powder, Paints used are by Golden, PaperArtsy, Folkart and Silks,the rectangle stencil I won from Red Lead.  

  And now , to the Outside of my story... remember a post or two ago,  I said , I "might" be a hoarder? Well, here in the pole-barn,

yeah, ok, my hub and I like collecting! heehee  Really, we intend to set up shop at some point and start selling- it was just that we moved here only 7 months ago and had to do it quick , so no organization happened! However, yesterday , I spent the day moving things from one wall to the other(s) so we can paint and put up new storage shelving
    We purchased these awesome commercial grade shelving units from a home improvement outlet that was closing shop...so as soon the weather warms up to 30 degrees or more again- I'll be out there painting! Stayed tuned....
ps... there is also a full trailer in the yard as well as a loft and back room to the barn,not visible in these photos...




7 comments:

Bev said...

Oh love your tropical work it's bright and cheery and the Passion layout is gorgeous ,shame can't really see the gold....as for being a Hoarder from one accumulator to another "No Comment" lol

Jackie PN said...

okay...Ms. No Comment! heehee hee!
Thanks Bev dear for popping in - would love to be somewhere warm and colorful like that right now!! hugs

Darlene K Campbell said...

No disclaimers JAckie. You're a hoarder! ha ha. If it wasn't too late I'd be calling you right now. Saw some stuff I liked, may have to come to your sell.
I bet Riley likes your muse. Hell, my muse shows up in a paint stained bathrobe. These are the pieces of art I think are your signature. Adore using the tenney shells. A lovely tribute to your mom.

Darlene K Campbell said...

I know how to speel "sale." Hey wher is my photo? And how did you get this comment format going? We'll have to call talk this week.

Darlene K Campbell said...

But then I can't sspell "spell." My excuse? I just got off work.

Darlene K Campbell said...

I see I can't spell "teeny shells" either. Stopping now because I've used up all of the comment spaces.

Jackie PN said...

Oh Darlene! Thank you for saying so!!! You are too much my friend! We'll have to talk soon- lots MORE to catch up on!
Thanks so much for checking in and writing such nice comments! hugs