Wednesday, May 7, 2014

A day at the Circus

    The challenge this week over at  Sunday Postcard Art   is "CIRCUS"
      My background substrate is sketchpad weight paper with a myriad of colors of paint and ink; as this is a piece from an earlier play-day. 
   I ran the postcard size paper though my Cuttlebug, using a square inside a square template (not sure of real name) before adhering my ephemera.  
   The vintage graphics used are from Deviant Scrap/Tumble Fish Studio.   Some of the graphics I backed with cardstock for different thicknesses to give the card a 3-D appeareance. 
  Other products used on my postcard were
 Silks-Pink Azalea  and 
Ranger Stickles Glitter Glue in some of my favorite colors- Waterfall, Fruit Punch, Star Dust and Peacock. 
Have I ever said I love Stickles?Maybe once or twice-huh?heehee
                                             and now for a close- up of the fun!

      I'll be back this afternoon with another challenge piece-stop back and check it out! ")

10 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

This is a really fun piece. Ilike it alot!

Darlene K Campbell said...

I "KNOW" you because of Stickles. It's what got us talking over at Strathmore back in 2011. The movement in this is wonderful. Beautiful. (hey, Life is a Circus)...I heard something about that somewhere.

Unknown said...

What fun, I can feel the movement!
Hugs Marilou

Unknown said...

Love it Jackie, I really have the feeling of sitting in the circus!

johanna said...

all of the people here seem to have so much energy, and the elephant, too! well done!

Karla B said...

Jackie, this is fabulous, my friend!I feel the movement and good vibration!

Julie Lee said...

Delicious colours and those wonderful and dynamic circus images! The colour combos remind me of the cover of the Beatles 'Sergeant Pepper' album. I remember fondly the colours of the '70s when Victorian circuses were really cool! A lovely nostalgic piece! Julie Ann xxx

Jackie PN said...

Oh my goodness! Thank you everyone for stopping by! Your comments are wonderful and so appreciated! hugs!
and yes, Darlene, Stickles and Strathmore- could be a story there! heehee

Sabine said...

wonderful Card! Thanks for participating

Nancy TeWinkel said...

Love the great circus colors and awesome feeling of movement. I went to a circus many years ago and there were people flying all over the place and lots of happy looking elephants! Felt very much like your post card!