Friday, May 23, 2014

On a Quasi Crystal mission...

Fridays Gal , Jackie here... 
 sorry- I love saying that! tee hee
 
This week, one of our Fab D.T. artists at Artistcellar, Renee Zarate, inspired me with a sweet canvas she created- using Fibo from the Quasi Crystal stencil series.
 
    My granddaughters birthday is coming up and she has been after me to make something fun for her room. 
 So....out came the FUN!
 
From the beginning...
 
I pulled out another previously made background that was in limbo  ( I seem to have a large supply of these- lucky me!)
To this palette,I used matte gel to adhere some vintage text- strategically placed-hmm? probably not!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Next, out came  The Fibo, Infra and Quasi! as well as, 
Wendy Vecci's Clear Embossing Paste and Luminarte Silks- Ginger Peach--mmmmm  love that name and as well as the color!
After smooshing the Embossing Paste and Ginger Peach through Quasi...
it was time to introduce,  a little bit Infra 
(hmm, reminds me of a song) Again, I used Embossing Paste and Silks~ Stargazer-heavenly!
And did I stop there? No, Fibo joined the party along with more Embossing Paste and Silks~ French Lilac
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
While all of this was drying,  I was happily stenciling away on another page using Quasi again- I love the tiny flowers that appear with this stencil....I started with pinks and yellows but decided it would blend in too much, so I flipped the page over and went to my other favorite colors- turquoise and purples!!Yes I said I flipped the page over! 
( tip-I scanned both sides and use for future pieces! )
   And speaking of favorite colors!! I have to tell you, that I used the new MEDIA Heavy Body Acrylic Paint by Ranger/Dina Wakley!  ~Lemon,Tangerine,Magenta,Blackberry Violet, Sky,and Turquoise  
This paint is sooo perfect for stenciling- creamy and smooth- almost velvety! Okay..on with the post!

 On the page that I printed out, I stamped  Kaisercraft Butterflies and Stampotique Mushrooms .Then I snipped out all my stampings and prepared to adhere! I also penned around some of the Quasi shapes and cut those out for little flowers that I added along the bottom of the page.
 
 
    Once I had all my pieces strategically placed (for real this time) I set to gluing them in place. The final piece to go on was a stamped quirky little Butterfly Fairy Queen by Ink and the Dog
I placed her on her throne atop the mushrooms!                            
     My granddaughter like me-likes Quirky! - so this is sure to be a hit!                                         
                                               Here she is!
 
 
       I hope you enjoyed the process! You should see the mess! ")
 
 
 

9 comments:

Julie Lee said...

Well, maybe there was a mess but this is both beautiful and fun, Jackie. I love it and I'm sure that your grand-daughter will too! I wonder if there is anyone who has painty fun and doesn't make a mess? Julie Ann xxx

Bev said...

Oh wow how gorgeous love that stencilled background and the colours ....mushrooms are perfect for a faerie and Qoirky she is ,know your granddaughter will treasure it...

Renee said...

First, I have to say you don't look old enough to have grandchildren. Second, I know she is going to love this! Love toadstools and faeries, so magical.
P.S. Thanks for mentioning me :-)

Unknown said...

Hey Jackie, The mess was well worth it for this wonderful piece of art... Love the freedom and the colors and contrasting going on in here... love it all... Know that your grand daughter will/should love it too... my grandson loves things that I create for ONLY him too... so much fun...

Gardening... we have a small farm... and do a lot of big beds with LOTs of produce coming from them for CSA's and also private sales... a lot of fun... also have a lot of chickens... delicious eggs and also the meat... Glad you are farming... very good for the soul and also the earth mother.. Love your work... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

Jackie PN said...

Thank you everyone for your awesome comments on my Granddaughter gift! I'll let you know what she says! ")

Anonymous said...

How much fun did you have, I can picture the mess....love that embossing paste, so easy to use and cute stencil too. xox

Rika said...

This is stunning!

Darlene K Campbell said...

Yes, I agree I should see the mess...in person don't you think? Great movement in this. Your granddaughter will want an entire wall of this design. Should I tell her you could do that? Mushrooms and Queen of the fairies...perfect composition. Always enjoy the intro to the products you use...which is Greek to me....ha ha. You always have such a versatile and interesting palette.
Cheers-Darlene

Karla B said...

Gorgeous work, my friend!I am your fan. I love your art!