Friday, May 30, 2014

Feeling the Sunshine!

We had Sunshine - gloriously sunshine - for three whole days in a row this past week!!  So while I was out working in my gardens, I had and idea of a project I would make for this weeks posting. - I love garden art- simple art, organic like- that's the way I roll ...
so please read on...


DSCN9491

I first drew a sun with rays on heavy paper and cut it out.


Time to use up all of the tissue paper in colors I am not fond of.
 I scrunched and crumpled layer after layer and applied with Decoupage mat gel - this took a few days to dry thoroughly(outside on my table) 
After that was dry I covered the piece with a good thick coat of gesso and more drying time.


While all this was drying I pulled from my stash some beautiful 
 handmade paper to stencil on.
DSCN9493


Here I used the Japanese Geometric Series  stencils. I used the Hemp Flower and Seven Jewels  for my piece. I pounced on the yummy shades of Luminarte Silks for sheen and shine! The colors I used are : Sunburst, Sunflower,Ginger Peach,Pink Anthurium,Persimmon,and Spicy tomato.

DSCN9496
Once the sun shape was dry , I gently tore strips of my stenciled paper and decoupaged those on the sun..the yellows on the rays and the pinks for the center.
DSCN9498
                                 
Once everything was dry... I trimmed loose papers and...


Out came the Inka Gold Metallic Rubs. I loaded my fingers and gently rubbed across the peaks I had made with the tissue paper earlier on.. For the rays I used Orange. And through the center of the sun I used yummy Magenta.






Haven't decided if I want to mount it yet...I am taking it to Kamp this weekend and maybe just hanging it on the back deck as it is! If I do- I'll be sure to bring back photos!!
 Thanks for joining me and don't forget stop back Monday for a new post from Gabrielle!  

 and in case you are wondering why I spell Kamp this way...I'll post when I get home about it-
 Kamp Se'Krit~ that is! have a great weekend!
")  Jackie

15 comments:

Karla B said...

This is super fabulous Jackie!Love the tutorial, my friend!

Darlene K Campbell said...

Ah, it's Kamp time. NOTE: Stay away from the poison ivy.

Brilliant sun project. I think Kamp would be the perfect place to display it.

Edzellinni aka Linda Edkins Wyatt said...

I would attach a hook and hang it on the wall. Looks great! Wonderful idea on getting rid of the ugly tissue and gessoing over.

Renee said...

Amazing project! Love your use of stencils. I hope you post it where you can see it every day. Think Sun!

Unknown said...

Jackie I love that yummie tissue paper texture and the stencils are looking so good on your sun! Great work my friend xoxo

Nancy TeWinkel said...

It is pure sunshine on a cloudy day! Well done!

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Oh, what a fab texture. :)

Electra said...

Beautiful, Jackie!

Julie Lee said...

What a gorgeous sunny post! This is just bursting with glorious warmth! I will be so interested to see what you eventually do with this lovely Inca treasure! Julie Ann xxx

Bev said...

Oh what a great project know it will look fabulous wherever you hang it .hope you are feeling better and love to Chum and the girls lol

froebelsternchen said...

wonderful...what a HAPPY piece!
xoxoxo
FROEBELSTERNCHEN FROM AUSTRIA

ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY-CHALLENGE

Anonymous said...

How sweet is this. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing your tutorial. Have a great weekend. xox

Jackie PN said...

Wow! Thank you everyone for your great thoughts and comments! After reading a few thoughts and suggestions here, I am reworking my sun a bit and will post photos soon! thanks again!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

You are such an amazing and cool artist! Love the techniques on this sun!

Bind said...

Nice Sun Jackie. I am not familiar with the materials you used. So, following the links to see them. It is going to brighten the wall for sure.