Friday, May 9, 2014

Mini Rose Art

Can you believe it is Friday already?! Seems like it was just Thursday! teeheehee
Here is my post for this week...
    I started out by printing out a copy of a previously made background that I had scanned and saved to my computer.
 the background consists of all kinds of yumminess; gesso, Golden fluid acrylics, a nice assortment of Luminarte Silks and marks and scrapes made using household objects!
DSCN9292

I made 2 5x7's in case I changed my design part way through- I've been known to do that!
DSCN9295
Here, I cut to size my background and used Stampendous Ranunculous Field stamp with Onyx Black VersaFine ink (because it is fast drying and archival and was within reach)
DSCN9296
After I strategically placed my stamped flowers, I colored them in with markers by Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Pens and Martha Stewart Craft Dye Ink Markers.
DSCN9300
                          Easy Peasy!! Ready to mount or send as a card!
                             Hope your day is filled with sun and flowers!


Hey gang- make sure to go over Artistcellar for the new stencil release by Jill K.Berry and they are having a bloghop...
          here are the links...
 May 9th - Artistcellar  www.artistcellar.com/wp
May 11th - Jane Davenport  http://janedavenport.com/
May 12th - Orly Avineri http://oneartistjournal.com/
May 13th - Rachel Peterson Urista http://rachelurista.wordpress.com
May 14th - Jill K Berry - www.jillberrydesign.com 

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty quick, pretty cute and what a great way to make multiples using your own backgrounds. xox

Unknown said...

So lovely. Whomever receives rhat will be so happy!

Joseph Cuccurullo said...

I't is very pretty complete, for me I would have stopped before the roses, but I love roses.

Joseph Cuccurullo said...

I't is very pretty complete, for me I would have stopped before the roses, but I love roses.

Joseph Cuccurullo said...

I't is very pretty complete, for me I would have stopped before the roses, but I love roses. Sorry I'm not unknown

Joseph Cuccurullo said...

I'll get this right.
I't is very pretty complete, for me I would have stopped before the roses, but I love roses.

Joseph Cuccurullo said...

I't is very pretty complete, for me I would have stopped before the roses, but I love roses.

Janet Ghio said...

I love that stamp!!

Julie Lee said...

What a great idea for a background Jackie! What fun it would be to craft with you, or even to meet for tea and a chat about crafty! I love those roses! Have a great weekend/1 Julie Ann xxx

Electra said...

This is absolutely beautiful!!!

Jackie PN said...

I love all of your comments! Thank you all so much for coming over and making me smile! and Joseph- thank you for your 4 Comments ! awesome! heehee ")

Unknown said...

Jackie, that's a beauty, I loved all the textures with gesso and silks and the stamp, I have it as well, hehehe... I love it, I used them on my gelli plate with acrylics.

ann said...

Love it Jackie... terrific creative background and who doesn't love red roses :)

Bev said...

Stunning love your process ,I always learn something new
You are such a great one for bringing things together....
Fuzz

Unknown said...

Wow, love how you used this stamp....I have it also but have used it on colored backgrounds vs. coloring it in. You can never go wrong with pretty flowers :)

Karla B said...

Jackie, my friend, your art is magical!It is s a feast for my eyes!

Darlene K Campbell said...

Jackie...the background was perfect for adding those roses. What an awesome stamp..but you have the talent of not making it look like you used a stamp. Great!

lori vliegen said...

i love how you repurposed your background, and paired it with a fabulous stamp….pretty artwork, super idea!!

Jackie PN said...

How very wonderful that you all came by for a visit and left such lovely comments and thoughts!1 Thank you so much! ")