Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Compendium of Curiosities3 Challenge - #1- Paint Marbling

  CC3C as it is named, is based on 
Tim Holtz's new book Compendium Of Curiosities Vol.#3  and is hosted over at Linda Ledbetter's challenge blog. 
 This is something new for me and I am excited to be taking part in it! 
I have recently found that when I enter these different challenges, I am opening myself up to do more techniques and trying more products,- pushing past that comfort zone- and you know what? I love the challenge- as well as the lessons learned! 
                 (make sure to click on the links to learn more)      

         Week #1 of CC3C  ~The challenge is Paint Marbling 
                       here is my piece (time piece that is! heehee)
I've added a close up so you can get a real good look at how beautifully the paint colors marbled and melded!
 It's cool how even though I did not use a green or orange, I still have those colors! 
 I used a piece of lightweight watercolor paper and applied black gesso before the marbling technique.
in Picked Raspberry,Squeezed lemonade,Mustard Seed,Tumbled Glass Shaded Lilac,Peacock Feathers
The stamps I used are by Ranger/Tim Holtz-Stamper's Anonymous 
The time piece I have had for awhile and again, my mind fails me as to where I purchased it! Bad memory, but using up my stash! Gotta love that! 

thanks for stopping and this is where I'm linking up
#94


16 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful colors and I love the circular shape!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Way cool Jackie! I love the time piece and the paint looks great! Thank you so much for playing along on our first challenge here at CC3 Challenge!!!

Unknown said...

Glad you joined as well Jackie, it's a beautiful peace, love your marbles!

Karla B said...

This is amazing too!You are such a talented girl!

Darlene K Campbell said...

Seth Apter would love this. You are certainly enjoying the journey and finding new discoveries. Awesome piece. Love anything with clocks. Is the clock substrate paper or metal? You have me thinking how cool it'd be to do this process on metal.

Darlene K Campbell said...

I also need to shop for Holtz paints...simply adore the titles he gives his paints.

Julie Lee said...

Wow! That marbling looks fantastic! I was only thinking last night I haven't done much with that die since I bought it. This looks amazing - what a great use of it! Julie Ann xxx

Stamping With Bibiana said...

I have to try this new technique TFS you have given me some more ideas..the project looks great too
bye
bibiana

Jackie PN said...

Thanks so much everyone!! What great comments and wonderful kudos! You are all awesome and wonderful!! xoxo

Bev said...

This is wonderful work ,I do love Seth,s work also...Circus is a wonderful subject brings back memories....I only have Tim Holtz inks that's about it lol but I love what you do with all the products....
Fuzz Bev

Anonymous said...

Ooh nice. This technique came out great Jackie...amazing what you can do with these products....hope the garden is growing well. xox

Marjie Kemper said...

Fabulous! Love your colorful timepiece and your marbled paints. So glad you joined us at CC3C!

Linda M. Cain said...

LOVE it!

Bren Haas said...

This is beautiful Jackie - I never thought of painting on marble.

Jackie PN said...

and thank you all again!! Makes my heart sing when you stop and leave a thought or comment! Happy Mother's Day to all! ")

Seth said...

That is so very beautiful Jackie!