Thursday, May 1, 2014

Steampunkery Birthday Card

                                  Happy Thursday! 
   YAY- The rain has stopped and the waters are receding! phew! 
I don't know about where you live- but , here in upstate New York, we have had torrential downpours and monsoon winds over the last two days! Amen for the tiny bit of sun peeking through today! Okay- enough weather -on to art!

  We had another grandson's birthday, and I have been busily making his card. Ayden, is the oldest of four boys, so I needed to make something that he would not think too childish- but still fun!     
      For the card, I used paper by Tim Holtz. I wish I could remember the name of this series~
    Other products used were Stampers Anonymous Soulful Journey cling mount stamps-from Ranger Ink/Tim Holtz
(clock,free space, Live The Life You've Imagined, script and Enjoy The Journey)
Cornflower Blue,Dandelion,Red Geranium
  Both the Free Space and Domino Strip Edge by Lost Coast Designs stamps were embossed with brass color embossing powder.   
  The stamp on the front of the card with the 'Birthday Wishers' is 

                     The inside- was sooo much fun to make !  
   First,the light color square on the left page is a secret  envelope (for birthday cash) and here I used part of Dyan Reaveley's Say It How It Is stamp. 
Snail with rider graphic used is from a vintage postcard and loaded up with- Stickles !
 The Mini Gears Template is oozing with Wendi Vecchi's Embossing Paste! in gold- can you say-YUM!I adore the look and feel of this stuff!!
 Next,was some metallic ribbon and stitched the card together.
  And lastly, I added Ayden's photo to the snail rider and attached it with pop dots for dimension.A few fun embellishments~Time Piece with hands from Ranger-Tim Holtz,here, and tiny binoculars hanging around his neck, there.
                                    Just had to post this close up!!
  I'm thinking this will be a cool photo for graduation day- some years down the road! heehee
  Lastly,for real this time, the closure I made out of bits and bobs and a grommet!


      Hope you enjoyed the ride...at a snail's pace! teeheehee  ")



14 comments:

Unknown said...

Jackie, it's fabulous, I loved the outside and the inside, that snail and all the embellishments, oh my, they look so cute and so steampunk at the same time! Hope he will like it!

Julie Lee said...

This is such fun! Ayden can't fail to adore this, as it's so special, just for him! I love 'Lost Coast' stamps - really quirky and strange and Wendy Vecchi's embossing paste is such a thrill to use: i love to watch it change to an amazing gold as it sets. I'm sure this little work of art will be treasured forever. Julie Ann xxx

Unknown said...

Those are fab Jackie! He will love it for sure!
Hugs Marilou

Renee said...

So steampunky cute! Love the snail.

Bev said...

Omg he's going to love this Jackie you have put so much work into it ,it's a treasure ...love how you so generously credit all the suppliers ,you have a big heart....

Jackie PN said...

Thank you all so much for your lovely comments and thoughts! I appreciate them all! ")

ann said...

What a fabulous cool card!! and I know he will love it
""Who doesn't love Steampunk""

Nancy TeWinkel said...

Happy Birthday to your Grandson! He will love the great card as do I!

Monica arch Polignano said...

Jakie... I love it!!!! It's beautyfull!!! Compliments!!!!!

Jackie PN said...

Monica, Nancy and Ann! Thank you all also for stopping and leaving such lovely words and encouragement! You are all such gracious visitors! ")

Anonymous said...

Nice, nice, nice, love the edging and the happy pinks....Who doesn't adore coneflowers. Have you see the orange one? xox

Darlene K Campbell said...

That card is a piece of art so I hope he frames it. Can't buy anything like that in the store.

Karla B said...

Gorgeous work Jackie!

Candy C said...

Jackie...your steampunk birthday card for your grandson is awesome. He has got to love this! So much detail and so many cool elements to see! I also wanted to thank you for your very sweet comment that you left on my blog. <3 Candy